About Me

My photo
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
I am Ollie Elliott. I studied BA Computer Games Design and got a 2.1 with honours at Newport University. I'm from sunny Somerset. This is my blog. It's about different things. Go away.

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Skyway Update 15th March 2011

 So basically since last time we have been building our characters. There are four characters in our demo and four of us so we modelled one each. I took Oscar, Rich took Mr. Docherty, Ollie took Hooch and Ben was given Mrs. Docherty.
 Here's the finished model of Oscar with his texture applied: 


 And here are the UV and Diffuse maps, I'm pretty pleased with the unwrapping, especially on the head, but there were a few mistakes I noticed on the way:


 With our style the character's are mainly block colours but I added a painted hair texture and subtle cotton and denim textures on the clothes to make it a bit more interesting.

 Next we started rigging our characters following some amazing tutorials and below you can see the rigged Oscar with its controls. Just need to paint the weights and do some blend deformers for facial animation:


 Also we've been making a bit more progress with getting things into UDK. Here's Oscar (with collision) and a non-opaque water cube that you can swim through:  


 You can see the other characters at our indiedb profile as well as other stuff.

That's all for now. BYE.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sir,
    Where can I find the afore-mentioned rigging tutorials? According to your blog, they are amazing, and I would like to learn how to do amazing rigging.
    Yours Faithfully,
    Madam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Madam,
    The amazing rigging tutorials you refer to are from digitaltutors.com which you have to pay for. I definitely did pay for them. I have them on my computer but they're probably too big to email.
    You might be able to find a download somewhere for free if you search for "introduction to character rigging". If not, let me know and we can figure out a way to get them to you as quickly as possible.
    Yours faithfully,
    Sir.

    ReplyDelete