About Me

My photo
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
I am Ollie Elliott. I studied BA Computer Games Design and got a 2.1 with honours at Newport University. I'm from sunny Somerset. This is my blog. It's about different things. Go away.

Tuesday 29 December 2009

Trailer Project

I'm currently working with Rich to produce a 30 second trailer for a game concept we have created. Ours is being done mainly in Maya with elements of hand drawn animation, if all goes to plan. [Just seen on the news that a British man was executed in China for drug trafficking heehee I couldn't care less why is this news?] I really like working in Maya. I got a cracked version of 2009 on my laptop [lol dead soldiers on the news] but for some reason it only shows half the workspace, the rest is just plain grey, any help on resolving this would be much appreciated. I've got it running properly on my home PC over Christmas despite it taking about half an hour to open.
Well this blog has already become incredibly boring. Anyway our game has been developed from a basic idea I had at GameCity Squared and has turned out to be quite hard to explain [man shoots daughter :)] concisely but basically it's an action adventure game about a man called Melvin who can turn into a white mouse and his magical tiger Sihir. I hope it turns out well and does itself justice . Maybe I'll do some updates on here. Offer me a job when I finish uni, that's why I'm writing this after all.

1 comment: