About Me

My photo
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
I am Ollie Elliott. I studied BA Computer Games Design and got a 2.1 with honours at Newport University. I'm from sunny Somerset. This is my blog. It's about different things. Go away.

Friday 16 July 2010

Attack Fox 1 update (16 July)

So I haven't done a great deal since last time, the ground floor background (the textures etc) took quite a long time. The basic textures are finished but there's no shading or anything yet so it looks a bit weird.
I've also put in the proper walls and added collision detection and it's all working fine.
As you can see in the screen below some of the rooms are covered in purple blocks, these so the player can't see what is happening across the map from the off.
If I can figure out how I might make it so the rooms go dark again when you leave them to make the game more difficult, maybe I'll even have two difficulty settings with the option of both...
hahaha no that won't happen.
Here's the bottom floor with no doors and not in the dark (a problem I had was making the stairs (the red strip) look like they were going up the right way, the bottom of the stairs is at the top end of the map If that makes sense (feedback on this would be much appreciated):
I've also started working on the top floor, where all the eating will happen. The green rectangles are place-holders for doors.
In terms of audio I haven't really started looking for sound effects (screams, snarling, bone crunching etc) but I have asked friend and former bandmate Rory Smith (http://www.myspace.com/rorysmithmusic) to have a go at composing a midi background track.
I'm hoping for a sort of subtle jazzy/swing beat with a bass and, as midi saxes sound shit, a clarinet, kind of alluding to the Pink Panther theme.
Don't think there's much else news, I've made a to do list which is coming in quite handy.
BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment