About Me

My photo
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
I am Ollie Elliott. I studied BA Computer Games Design and got a 2.1 with honours at Newport University. I'm from sunny Somerset. This is my blog. It's about different things. Go away.

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Attack Fox 1

Yesterday I downloaded Game Maker 8 and started working on my Fox attack game, which I've never mentioned before.
After having a go at Game Maker in the first year I thought it was really hard and kind of ignored it. But after following a tutorial on how to make your first game it all seemed really simple so I started working on my game.
The game is half based on the recent Fox Attack story and half based on my opinions on the cunts who go fox hunting with hounds.
Basically it's a basic top-down stealth game where you play as a fox. The aim is to enter the stately home of a fox hunter, eat his children and leave without being caught.
So far I have:
  • Created a place-holder character (Rex) that moves up, down, left and right with the arrow keys and has a very simple walk cycle when he moves.
  • Created a basic layout of the rooms on house's two floors using a house plan from Google images and put this in game with collision.
  • Added an object on the stairs that allows the player to move between floors.
  • Added a brown square to represent tables etc ready to test a hiding mechanic.
  • Started working on opening doors.
  • Started working on the background.
I would have liked to design my own house, one that suited gameplay better, but it only started out as a practise go that I really got into. Perhaps I will for the sequel. I have a few ideas for gameplay mechanics that may partially solve this problem anyway.

Here are some screens of my work so far (not indicative of final gameplay!):


More soon hopefully. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment