About Me

My photo
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
I am Ollie Elliott. I studied BA Computer Games Design and got a 2.1 with honours at Newport University. I'm from sunny Somerset. This is my blog. It's about different things. Go away.

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Day 15 (Family Picture)

Wasn't in the right mood today to draw a picture from my own family so I did this.
Tried a new medium. The Painter brush was 'Tapered Camel' from the Pen Brushes.
Looks quite good and very realistic and has quite a nice texture but my hand is now dead as you have to press very hard to get bold colours.
Anyway here's the picture:
The colour palette and style is based on a Nazi propaganda poster of a family I was thinking about drawing. 
I kept the slogan "Ein Volk hilft sich selbst!" (yes that is an s!) as it is quite a strong and universal message and certainly not Nazi specific. 
I am not a Nazi :).
Grant looks a bit too much like a bald Captain Black but overall I'm happy I thinkBYE

P.S. Whoooooooaa we're halfway theeere...

No comments:

Post a Comment