About Me

My photo
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
I am Ollie Elliott. I studied BA Computer Games Design and got a 2.1 with honours at Newport University. I'm from sunny Somerset. This is my blog. It's about different things. Go away.

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Ben Newman

Following Dave's words on best practise I decided to look at the credits of the Timesplitters games and, in particular, the character designers, modellers etc.
A chap called Ben Newman is the lead character artist so I googled him and found the website of a Bristol based illustrator with the same name. Judging by his bio its not the same guy but I really like his pictures and thought he deserved a post so here's the link: http://www.bennewman.co.uk/work.php?id=306
Love that art style. There's a famous bloke who does film opening credit scenes, whose name I could probably find out quite easily, in a similar style.
Anyway, more on the hunt for best practise coming soon. Funnily enough while working on the Maya I started looking at the character models in the Museum in Modern Warfare 2 to see how they were made up so I guess this is along the same lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment