About Me

My photo
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
I am Ollie Elliott. I studied BA Computer Games Design and got a 2.1 with honours at Newport University. I'm from sunny Somerset. This is my blog. It's about different things. Go away.

Sunday 17 January 2010

First Year Maya Project (Primitive Theatre)



Roy is trying to build a wall and Andy's supposed to be helping but instead he's playing on his game boy.
Did this last year with Pete and Ben. We were really pleased with it apart from the sound which got heavily criticised. If the files still exist I'd like to have a go at polishing it off, mainly with the camera work, some of the animation and obviously the sound , as I reckon it will be a good portfolio piece.

2 comments:

  1. haha oohh you have the final cut!! I couldn't find it! I need to steal a copy from you!

    And yea I'm deffinatley up for polishing it up a bit! I don't think the camera work is that bad, maybe some of the diting could be tidied and the animation, I know the sound is mad, but i have a soft spot for it now haha those crazy loud tetris noises, but yeh other people didn't feel the same way hah!

    I love wtahcing this and just remembering the weird times we had making it, like eating loads of pizza in that small room and walking all over caerleon to get to some cash point that was apparently not too far away! cheers Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because I left the camera for you 2 to do :| never again haha.

    Yeah remember our shout out from Edith Bowman on Radio 1!

    Not sure about the editing, it has a nice flow, but yeah some bits need refining.

    Quite like the sfx as well haha mainly because they're so obnoxious, definitely need redoing though and some ambient sound added, was thinking maybe a construction site.

    ReplyDelete