About Me

My photo
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
I am Ollie Elliott. I studied BA Computer Games Design and got a 2.1 with honours at Newport University. I'm from sunny Somerset. This is my blog. It's about different things. Go away.

Monday 5 April 2010

for FUCK sake

I cannot fucking stand games where you do a boss fight, win outright, then have a cutscene show the enemy in fine health beat the shit out of you and win. Why not just have the cutscene instead of the fight.
I'm playing The Bourne Conspiracy and that just happened. It might be ok if the fight itself was biased in the enemy's favour, I mean for fuck sake it was a fist fight with a seven foot tall African guy, and you had to lose the fight to continue.
If you lose this fight you have to start from scratch, beating up five henchmen then the boss.
If might even be bearable if the fight differed from any of the others in the game but it didn't, well he had more health so it was slightly longer but it was still punch punch punch block over and over with the occasional cutscene special move thrown in to spice things up, korma style.

The rest of the game (that I've played so far) is sooooo fucking clunky and sluggish. The aiming is erratic considering you have to go for a headshot every time. You're supposed to be Jason Bourne professional headshotter but instead it's like the crosshair and the baddy's head are two repelling magnets.
Will play more but that new thing in Splinter Cell would have worked perfectly in Conspiracy. That combined with the cover shooting stuff from Uncharted.

No comments:

Post a Comment